Sunday, October 30, 2011

Welcoming Fall!

I planned this post a month ago - I should change it to anticipating winter.  Fall here in Moldova is very nice.  The grapes came into season and for the first time I realized where the fake candy grape flavor comes from.  The deep purple grapes actual taste just like that.  The seeds aside, the taste was fabulous!  I can't even explain it but just go out and eat a grape Lifesaver and imagine it being the flavor of a real grape!

The leaves are changing and falling covering the walkways and creating a nature carpet.  Moldovan Churches have all held their Fall Festivals thanking God for the provision that as been laid up for winter.

The Ukrainian Grandmother next door is canning the harvest from her huge garden.  One day her grape vines were heavy with fruit the next day they were picked clean.  She is stealthy like that working in the in between while I am busy with other things. 

We started homeschooling for the year on Sept. 6 and are currently enjoying the middle ages.

God has been teaching me in his word with Philippians that in all things He has a plan to work out for my good.  In that as life still presents its problems I am working out rejoicing always.

Soon we will have lived in Moldova a year.  I've hesitated to write much about my impressions this first year as we adjusted and learned the language.  Growing in our understanding of the country and culture.  I think I am ready to share more about life and ministry here in Moldova in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment