Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Story - Feed My Sheep

Not Russia, you want me to go where?

Upon picking Operation Mobilization (OM) as our organization we then had a dilemma.  Tony's interest is in disaster relief.  The country we felt called to was Russia.  OM didn't have any disaster relief projects in this country.  Which was it Russia or disaster relief?

We decided it was disaster relief.  We were given a few countries one in Europe one in Central Asia.  I loved the idea of the country in Europe but it looked like at that time it wasn't going to be possible.  So the Central Asia country came to the top.  There were many aspects of the job we would do there that was fabulous, but it was a hard country.  I didn't want to take my children there.

Then I had my own meeting with God.

I was praying about location, about where God would want to go.  I was telling Him that I didn't want to go to this country.

He asked me why?  I answered,  "Because I can't take my kids there."

He said, "Who's kids?"  Me, "Okay God, they are your kids, but you gave them to me!"

He quietly said, "Feed my sheep, not the sheep you want to feed, but the sheep I give you."

I couldn't really say anything else.  When I went downsides I told Tony, "Okay we will head in this direction but I need green lights."

From there God gave us so many green lights it was amazing.  I can't really talk about the country or what the green lights were on the internet but needless to say I stand amazed at how God works sometimes.

I'll talk a bit more about this later but as for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment