Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Journal Entries from South Africa - Feb. 26, 2009

Things are a bit better, the director still feels that we both don't go, but he talked to the head director and they decided to see what the Dr. said.  The Dr. said there is medicine for the children - the same kind we will all talk.  So the director will talk to the home office and if it is okay with them, then he will let us all go.  If we still want to.

I shared with my care group leader that the director doesn't want us to go and that was why my silent day didn't go so well.  He told me that people with families go to this area all the time.  He wanted to see us get to go to the Rural outreach as a family.  He also said, "Doesn't he know where your planning on going?"  I said I told him that as well.

Then a little later the other care group leader said that she made an appointment with the Dr. for Monday to get the kids weighed.  She knew me well enough to figure we would be going.  I asked if she had problems with us going there?  She said no, and the Dr. didn't either.  In fact she said she would want to take her own kids too.

That sealed it for us, that unless the home office comes back with a no go, that we are going as a family to the rural outreach.

So... I know this outreach will be difficult!  I have to pray about it and really give it to God, because it isn't going to be all fun and games.  If the kids get sick we are going to be in tents so it could be a mess!
I am praying with an expectant heart for a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment