Saturday, July 10, 2010

Journal Entries from South Africa - Feb. 2 later on

The day was good and challening and enlightening.  Challenging in keeping the kids occupied and not too bored.
Enlightening - in hearing personal stories and sharing my own story.
Good - in what God revealed to me in his word.

Luke 22: 31-34 and 61-62

vs. 33 how did Peter feel?
So strong in his relationship with Jesus.  Like he could never fail him?
How hurt was he when Jesus said even today you will reject me?
The day was almost over, I am sure Peter was aghast at the very idea!

vs. 32 but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail and when you have turned again strengthen your brothers.

vs 31 Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat.

What does this mean?  (reminds me of Job.) (Did Satan demand this of all of them and he got or had Judas?)

vs 61  Jesus looked at Peter after he had denied him the 3rd time - what pit did Peter go to?
How did Peter recover from that pit? - to return and strengthen his brothers.
  -  vs 62 - he wept  (what else?)

When do we hear about Peter again?

No comments:

Post a Comment